Now it is official!
On 18th of May Frida will leave Rotterdam by container vessel! It will take 12 days to arrive to Canada. Friiiiidaaaaa, see you in Montreal by the end of May!
Past week end we drove from Bergamo to Copenhagen passing through Berlin (1.480 km in total). Two days driving under an incredible rain (from km 0 till the end!).
But we did it! A particular thanks to Inken, Daniela and Tomma for their hospitality! We really enjoyed!
We have also stopped to Edle and Henning’s place south of Copenhagen. Fantastic “merenda” and nice pictures!
Next step: bring the car to Rotterdam on 14th of May to catch the 18th vessel.
Stay with uuuuusssssss!!
– the Italian side of the family, before leaving Bergamo
– Edle in her garden looking to Frida in South of Copenhagen
FRIDA IN ROTTERDAM – 14 May 2012
Today, on 14th May 2012, we drove Frida to Rotterdam to load her in the container for the vessel to Montreal on 18th May. It was a long drive through the night from Sunday to Monday to make it to Rotterdam in the morning but we are so excited to have started the trip and to have Frida ready for departure!!! Before leaving Copenhagen we were very busy packing and loading everything. Here are a few pictures….
– absolute chaos before departure!
– everything packed in the car and ready to go…
– Freddie all buckled up and eager to go, come on let’s go let’s go let’s go!!!
– the proud parents of Frida before departure from Copenhagen
– visiting Malene’s mother Aase in Vejle – thank you for fantastic food!!!
– the yak very happy to be on the way with Frida 🙂
PIVA LANDROVER FAREWELL PARTY – 24 May 2012
Piva Landrover made a very nice farewell party for us this Tuesday! To wish us good luck on our trip, they had organised a “trip around the world at the table” with dishes and wines from different parts of the world. It was a very enjoyable evening in good company and with excellent food and wines at the restaurant Osteria S. Antonio, Abbiategrasso. Thank you guys! Now we are ready to leave – with the stomachs very full!
June 2nd, 2012 at 9:35 pm
Hi. I quite like the IRBIS nickname.
June 3rd, 2012 at 4:36 pm
😉 still not completely sure why I got it